Premier Switch Solutions S.C. (PSS) is a consortium owend by six private banks:
- Awash International bank
- Nib International Bank
- United Bank
- Addis International Bank
- Berhan International Bank
- Cooperative Bank Of Oromia
To provide electronic banking operations. PSS commenced operation officially on July 5, 2012 with 165million Birr capital.
- The General Assembly of Shareholders is at the apex of the company’s organizational structure.
- PSS is supervised by Board of Directors that includes a Chairman and other seven Directors who are elected by the General Assembly of Shareholders.
- The Management of the PSS is entrusted to the CEO who is appointed by the Board of Directors.
Vision and Mission
- to be the cornerstone of attaining a cashless society in Ethiopia.
- Provide efficient, effective and diversified e-payment services to a growing number of customers using state of the art technology that is most beneficial to member banks and users.
- Contribute to modernization of the National Payment System in the country;
- Optimize economies of scale in investing on e-payment infrastructure
- Provide interconnectivity and interoperability amongst participants
- Deploy a shared switch network which complies with all relevant international standards
- Specify participants EFT interface standards
- Provide vital retail payment statistics for tactical and strategic planning purposes
- Provide a mechanism for proactive detection of card frauds
- Provide seamless integration with the central switch system